Santubong Nature Festival Borneo – Macro Photography Workshop
The Santubong Nature Festival was held on 9 and 10 November organised by Malaysian Nature Society Kuching Branch and Permai Rainforest Resort in Santubong, Sarawak, just 45 minutes from Kuching. The two day event was organised to promote the awareness and appreciation for nature.
Here are the speakers for the two day event;
- Surveying Migratory Water Birds in Sarawak by Dave Bakewell,
- Oriental Pied Hornbills case study by Musa Musbah,
- Geology of Santubong by Henry Litong,
- Pitcher plan of Santubong by Ch’ien C. Lee ,
- Illegal Wildlife Trade in Malaysia by Kanitha Krisnasamy and Elizabeth John
- Endangered animals & enforcement in Sarawak by Oswald Braken Tisen.
- Santubong hesitate and nature Walk lead by Karen Shepherd and Kathrine Pearce.
- Santubong Stonehenge by Tenku Ahmad, a social scientist.
- Defining Wallace’s Line by Rambli Ahmad.
- Chinese Settlers in Santubong by Tom McLughlin, a writer and teacher.
- Butterfly and moths of Santubong by Ikhwan Idris from University of Malaysia Sarawak.
- Creatures of the night by Hans Hazebroek.
- Photography workshop by John Arifin.
Macro Photography Workshop
Nature photographer, John Arifin led the macro photography workshop and night walk at the Permai Rainforest Resort during the Santubong Nature Festival. Here are the highlights of the activities on Macro photography workshop and night walk led with john Arifin. John showed the various macro photography techniques using macro lens, extension tubes and diopter lens.
Join us in the next Macro Photography Workshop in Singapore on 7 & 8 December 2013
Nice meeting and join part of your workshop. There are really too many concurrent events to made it a hard choice for me. I had to attend some events like the talk on Monkey cups, shore birds etc. as my current subject of interests.
You have a few good photos of this event.
I may post to you some of my nature photos ( of Borneo) for your comments for my improvement. I you like them you can add some to your travel blog.
Hope to catch up with you some other days!
Dr Koh, it was great to have caught up with you during Santubong Nature Festival. Yes, please do post the images so that we all can learn together.