John Nat Arifin is a Singapore based wildlife photographer, writer and educator. John travels across Asia to document wildlife and culture in search of a perfect moment to freeze in time and experience to share with readers and friends.
- Graduated with Master of Science in Engineering. Worked 20 years in Multi-national Corporations covering Asia Pacific region.
- Attended master class at Brooks Institute of Photography in California.
- Participated in the BBC Wildlife Photo Symposium in London.
- Awarded with his Associateship from the Royal Photography Society (RPS) in London in 1992.
- Awarded ” Best of Decade Award” in photojournalism from Asian Geographic Magazine in 2009.
He contributed photographs and story write ups to various regional magazines such as
- Asian Geographic,
- Asian Photography,
- Asian Escape,
- Nature Watch,
- Wingspan-Birds Australia and Spa Asia.
His birding gears:
- Canon 5D III
- Canon 7D II
- 17-40 mm Wide Angle
- 100-400mm short zoom
- 600 mm tele photo lens
- 1.4X Tele Converter
- Metz 64 AF-1 flash with TTL remote cable
- GITZO Carbon Tripod GT 3530LS
- Orion Gimbal Head
- Lowepro Pro Roller X200
He determines the number of stars; he gives to all of them their names. Great is our Lord.and abundant in power.Psalm 147:4-5
He who dwells in shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the AlmightyPsalm 91:1
I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come ? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.Psalm 121:1-2